Move U Scheme
How does Move U work?
If you have a home to sell, then Move U could be the ideal way to help secure your new Cyden Home.
Use these Five Steps towards moving into your new Cyden Home:
- Step 1: Find your new Cyden Home
- Step 2: Our Sales Team will arrange a free valuation from a local, independent estate agent
- Step 3: Agree a selling price and complete a Move U reservation with our sales team for an agreed period whilst the estate agent will start to market your property
- Step 4: Let the estate agent find a buyer for your home
- Step 5: Move into your new Cyden Home
Are all developments eligible for the Scheme?
Please note that the MoveU Scheme is only available on selected homes and not all of our homes will qualify for this scheme.
Contact the sales team at your chosen development to find out if your new home qualifies for the Move U Scheme.
Please read our MoveU Terms & Conditions below.
Move U Scheme – Terms & Conditions
- To be considered for the Move U, you will need to provide safe access to our appointed estate agent within 5 working days, for the purpose of valuations and inspection of your current property.
- We cannot guarantee to accept your home for the Move U Scheme. This may be for a variety of reasons i.e., price, market conditions, saleability, etc. In the unlikely event of any dispute arising in connection with this scheme, Cyden Homes has the final decision.
- If your current home is accepted for the Move U Scheme, you will be obligated to agree two prices:
- An ‘Asking Price’ which is the price your home will be advertised at by a local estate agent; and
- An ‘Acceptable Offer Price’ which is the value of any offer you receive that we will require you to accept from a prospective purchaser on your current home.
- Once you have agreed the Asking and Acceptable Offer prices, if your chosen home is still available you can reserve your Cyden Home. We will advise you a period of between 4 to 8 weeks (known as the ‘Reserve Time’) that your chosen Cyden Home is taken off the market whilst we aim to find a buyer for your current home.
- Following your reservation appointment, a local estate agent will be instructed to market your current home.
- Cooling-off period: If you decide to cancel your reservation within the 14 days of signing off the reservation agreement, you will receive a refund of the full reservation fee (normally £500). If you provide notice after 14 days, the refund shall be the reduced sum of £250. The remaining balance will be retained to cover Cyden’s legal and administrative expenses.
- If an offer is made at or above the Acceptable Offer Price, you agree to sell your current home and all parties will be required to instruct solicitors to start the sale process.
- If an acceptable offer is not made on your current home within the Reserve Time, Cyden Homes will review the marketing and consider if an extension of time can be agreed. Ultimately, Cyden Homes has the final decision.
- If no Acceptable offer is received on your current home within the time period set out in the Move U Agreement, Cyden Homes reserves the right to re-market our new Cyden Home and refund you the Reservation Deposit subject to the terms set out in the Reservation Agreement and Move U Agreement.
- You agree to allow reasonable access to your current home to facilitate the sale (subject to agreed appointments), to the erection of a “for sale” board and to co-operate fully with our estate agent in their efforts to market and sell your current home.
- Your current home must continue to be maintained internally and externally to an acceptable standard until legal completion and on legal completion must be left clean and tidy including the garden, loft and any outbuildings with only the agreed items remaining.
- Full vacant possession of your current home will be required upon legal completion.
- The Move U scheme is only available on residential mortgages only and is not available on buy to let properties. The scheme Is subject to contract and status and Purchasers must be over 18 years of age.
- This scheme cannot be used in conjunction with our Home of the Week scheme.
- If contracts are not exchanged by the agreed Exchange Deadline specified on your reservation agreement, Cyden Homes reserves the right to withdraw the incentives of this scheme. Cyden Homes also reserves the right to cancel the reservation and re-market the property for sale. In this case, Cyden Homes will retain part of the reservation fee as agreed in our Terms and Conditions – Purchase Arrangements.
- Cyden Homes reserves the right to withdraw or alter this offer at any time prior to the payment of the reservation fee.